Thursday 17 October 2013

Further to my earlier comments on aimlessly going out hoping for photo opportunities, I was flicking through Michael Freeman's 'The Photographer's Eye' book, re-reading selected parts.In the intro page to the section on 'Intent' I came across a little pearl which had not really sunk in before  Here, the author talks about 'remaining aware of what you are setting out to do, and to what results are likely to satisfy you'.

The problem with the shots I have taken on the last couple of outings is that they do not match anything like the images I have in mind before I set out. I have a strong idea to use long exposures either after sunset /before sunrise, or using a strong ND filter during daylight and I'm aware of the type of image this will result in. I really MUST start experimenting with that type of shot, if that is the result I am after. So, this weekend I am resolute to to get out and try just those type of shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment